The Journal of Energy History is looking for contributions for the column ‘Energy Sources: new collections and heritage’, which explores primary resources and collections dedicated to energy.
The December 2022 issue of the JEH/RHE will focus on a Social History of Oil and Gas and papers can focus on any aspect of primary sources and methodologies for the study of energy in a historical perspective.
Papers can focus on any aspect of primary sources and methodologies for the study of energy in a historical perspective. Examples of topics are (without being restricted to):
- Presentation of archives or collections related to energy (from companies’ archives to government energy departments, NGOs, think tanks, oral history collections, etc)
- Presentation of art works (in any form) dedicated to energy
- Description of quantitative dataset on energy with a historical component (consumption, production, etc.) or presentation of projects dedicated to the gathering of data on energy
- Presentation of methodologies for energy studies in a historical framework, from any discipline of social science
- Critique of the methodologies adopted for the production of knowledge in energy studies, whether past or contemporary
- Assessment of the methodologies adopted in published studies on energy history
- Description of endangered, preserved, and reconverted industrial facilities that are or could be incorporated in the architectural heritage of an area
- Analysis of how energy heritage can help to understand the present and past relations between societies and energy structures
You can also have a look at previous articles on the Energy Sources section at this link: http://www.energyhistory.eu/en/sections/energy-sources-news-archives-and-heritage
The deadline to submit the contributions is the 30th September 2022 for the first draft; if accepted for publication, the final draft should be presented by the 30th November 2022.
Papers should be submitted directly to the editor of the column, Marta Musso
(firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com ). Potential
contributors are welcome to discuss their ideas with Dr Musso before submitting.